SC Labs is the largest multi-state laboratory bringing together the industry’s most reputable testing labs. SC Labs, founded in 2010, is one of the cannabis industry’s oldest licensed testing labs and the first to develop a national hemp testing panel. The company is already licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, and Arizona and is executing a strategy for aggressive growth into additional states.
We are seeking a full time Laboratory Technician to join the team. This position will be based in Tigard, OR. The Laboratory Technician will assist and support the routine and non-routine day to day operations within the Laboratory. This position will perform sample intake, retention room upkeep, lab preparation, and support the testing within the laboratory and ensure that all responsibilities are conducted based on quality and safety procedures.
- Intake samples and prepare them for sample testing, including labeling, photos of samples, and sample organization.
- Support routine and non-routine testing and analyses using the appropriate qualified equipment and materials.
- Sample Homogenization.
- Perform cleaning procedures of the laboratory as needed or requested by the lab supervisor.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work environment.
- Complete all required training in a timely manner and maintain training on updated policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Help to maintain laboratory inventory, and properly label and store chemicals and supplies.
- Communicate to Supervisor and Lab Management any laboratory testing issues related to health, safety, or testing practices.
- Organize and prepare reagents and other supplies for testing needs.
- Attend the required safety trainings, and remain current with refresher trainings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as delegated by the Supervisor or Lab Management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education: Minimum-High School Graduate, with some college course work completed. Science degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of full-time experience working in a real-world work environment, experience working in an operation lab is desired.
SC Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org