SC Labs is the largest multi-state laboratory bringing together the industry’s most reputable testing labs. SC Labs, founded in 2010, is one of the cannabis industry’s oldest licensed testing labs and the first to develop a national hemp testing panel. The company is already licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, and Arizona and is executing a strategy for aggressive growth into additional states.
We are seeking a full-time Laboratory Assistant to join the team. This position will be based in Scottsdale, AZ. The Laboratory Assistant will assist and support the routine and non-routine day to day operations within the Laboratory. This position will perform sample pick-ups, sample intake, sample destruction, sample homogenization, laboratory cleaning/upkeep, and support the testing within the laboratory and ensure that all responsibilities are conducted based on quality and safety procedures. Must be comfortable working with cannabis/hemp products within a chemical/biological laboratory environment.
- Act as a courier for the laboratory—pick up and deliver samples and supplies.
- Intake samples and prepare them for sample testing, including labeling, photographing, weighing, and maintaining documentation.
- Sample homogenization.
- Perform cleaning procedures of the laboratory as needed or requested by the lab supervisor.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work environment.
- Complete all required training in a timely manner and maintain training on updated policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Help to maintain laboratory inventory and properly label and store chemicals and supplies.
- Organize and prepare reagents and other supplies for testing needs.
- Attend the required safety trainings, and remain current with refresher trainings
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as delegated by the Supervisor or Lab Management
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education: Minimum-High School Graduate, with some college coursework in sciences preferred.
- At least 1 year of full-time experience working in a real-world work environment, experience working in an operation lab is desired.
- Will be required to undergo a background check in order to obtain a laboratory agent card approved by Arizona’s Department of Health Services.
SC Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org