SC Labs is the largest multi-state laboratory bringing together the industry’s most reputable testing labs. SC Labs, founded in 2010, is one of the cannabis industry’s oldest licensed testing labs and the first to develop a national hemp testing panel. The company is already licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, and Arizona and is executing a strategy for aggressive growth into additional states.
We are seeking a full-time Chemist to join the team. This position will be based in Scottsdale, AZ. The Chemist will perform routine and non-routine day-to-day operations within the Laboratory. The Chemist will perform testing within the laboratory and ensure that testing is conducted based on quality and safety procedures. A Chemist will be expected to perform many tasks in the lab without the need for supervision.
- Performs routine and non-routine testing and analyses using the appropriate qualified equipment.
- Calculates results, and records and reports results using the Laboratory Management System.
- Performs instrument maintenance and calibration procedures, as necessary.
- Maintains equipment in proper working order, and maintains a clean work environment.
- Completes all required training in a timely manner, and maintains training on updated policies and procedures.
- Practices safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Help to maintain laboratory inventory and properly labels and stores chemicals and supplies.
- Communicates to Lab Management any laboratory testing issues related to health, safety, or testing practices.
- Performs PT testing as needed.
- Participates in Regulatory and Internal Audits.
- Brings issues to the attention of the Laboratory Supervisor and Initiates Non-Conformances as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as delegated by the Analytical Chemistry Supervisor or Lab Management.
- Can perform unassisted all or most of the Analytical Methods.
- Assists the Analytical Chemistry Supervisor in method development and validation as needed.
- Updates/revises SOPs when necessary.
- Propose and assist in the resolution of CAPA’s and Non-Conformances.
- Conducts trainings for other employees as requested.
- Experience operating some of the following instrumentation: HPLC, GC-FID, GC/MS, ICP-MS, LC/MS/MS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of testing processes and procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Knowledge of GMP practices.
- A bachelor’s degree in one of the natural sciences.
- At least 2 years of full-time experience performing Analytical Chemistry or diagnostic testing in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Ability to pass a criminal records check by the Arizona Department of Health Services in order to obtain a Laboratory Agent Registry Identification Card.
Special working conditions:
- Task work to be done in a typical chemical/biological laboratory environment, PPE provided.
- Movement among laboratory areas may require observing specific security procedures.
- Acute exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Extended time in front of a computer.
- Lab work requires long periods of time spent sitting and standing, with the ability to lift up to 25lbs.
SC Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org